Today, I am sharing with you my 7 prevention tips for your safety, because accidents can happen at any time especially when you are trying to save money by doing work for yourself at home.
You can use these tips to prevent needless injuries that will change your plans and cost you more money than you are willing to part with.
As you know, repairing the roof, hauling debris, chopping broken tree limbs and weedwhacking the yard are typical examples of work to be done at home. For your safety, you should use protective body gear along with your clothes.Of course, you can decide which is suitable for the work you plan to do.
Below are some tips that can help.
- Wear a hard hat to protect your head. A blow yo the head could literally kill you or cause permanent brain damage.
- Wear goggles to protect your precious eyes. An eye injury could cause damage to the eye which could make life uncomfortable, especially if you become blind.
- Wear a dust mask to protect your nose and mouth. Dust, molds, bacteria and chemical vapors in the lungs are very bad for you. Hey could cause permanent lungs problems.
- Wear gloves to protect your hands. A hand injury would limit your ability to grasp and move objects in a normal way.
- Wear a broad belt to protect your back. Using a broad belt acts as a back support to keep your body aligned.
- Wear boots to protect your feet. The provides balance and upright support for the body. A foot injury would comprise balance and mobility.
- Wear a mounted harness to protect your body from falling down to the ground. When trimming trees and repair in the roof, a mounted climbing harness could prevent severe body injuries by preventing falls. Look out for my review on climbing harness.
Now, the choice is yours. Think about it. Is it not better to be safe than in a position to sustain injuries?
Realizing that you try todo work for yourself to save money, common sense tells you that it is important to use protective measures as I suggested. Preparedness helps to prevent alot of accidents. So, it would be to your benefit to make use of the 7 prevention tips do your safety.
If you have any questions or comments, please leave them in the comments area below. I look forward to hearing from you.
Until next time, have a wonderful day!